Create Unknown Spouses
...is a DELUXE LTOOL which replaces the blank spouse records that Legacy creates with actual individual records. In other words ... it inserts a row in tblIR (and updates a few other things).
To replace the blank spouse records that Legacy creates with actual individual records:
- Open your database in Legacy.
- Run a Legacy _Check/Repair_.
- Back up your Legacy database.
- Close Legacy.
- Open your Legacy database in _LTools_.
- Double-click Create Unknown Spouses in the Deluxe LTools tree to bring up the dialog for this LTool.
- Change the default male/female last/given names if desired.
- Check For unknown males, use surname of children... if you wish this LTool to attempt to derive male surnames from children's surnames.
- Check Use known spouse's surname in parens... if you wish this LTool to generate a surname from the spouse's surname (enclosed in parens).
- Select an Individual Tag number to limit the creation of unknown spouses to those tagged individuals.
- Click the Run button.
- _LTools_ will locate unknown spouses (tblMR.IDIRHusb or tblMR.IDIRWife = 0) and create new individuals in their place (insert a row in tblIR).
- Close _LTools_.
- Open your database in Legacy.
- Run a Legacy _Check/Repair_ to complete this process. NOTE: It is extremely important that you run a Legacy _Check/Repair_ when you are finished with this LTool. This LTool intentionally skips some steps (generating a soundex code, generating an IntelliShare ID, inserting to tblNX, and inserting to tblNR off the top of my head) and depends on _Check/Repair_ to perform these steps.
uri/../images/bluepin.gif Male last name
The last name used when the unknown spouse is a male. The default is "Unknown".
uri/../images/bluepin.gif Male first name
The first name used when the unknown spouse is a male. The default is "Unknown".
uri/../images/bluepin.gif Female last name
The last name used when the unknown spouse is a female. The default is "Unknown".
uri/../images/bluepin.gif Female first name
The first name used when the unknown spouse is a female. The default is "Unknown".
uri/../images/bluepin.gif For unknown males, use surname of children if possible
If checked, this LTool will attempt to determine a male's surname by inspecting the surnames of any children. If all children use a single surname, that surname will be used instead of the default Male last name.
uri/../images/bluepin.gif Use known spouse's surname in parens for unknown spouse's surname
If checked, this LTool will use the known spouse's surname (in parens) for the unknown spouse's surname instead of the default Male last name or Female last name.
uri/../images/bluepin.gif Individual Tag
Select a tag number to limit the creation of unknown spouses to those tagged individuals.
uri/../images/bluepin.gif Rows affected
The number of individual records inserted in your database.
Click to replace the blank spouse records that Legacy creates with actual individual records.
Click to close this dialog.
You can use the ? (on the caption bar) or the \ key to display help for this dialog.
Introduction | Deluxe Features | Find Missing Information | Send Legacy Reminders | Tidy Legacy HTML | List Events | Find Unattached Multimedia | Add Events | Add To-Do's | Address Converter | Advanced Set Living++ | Advanced Tagging - Tag Living | Backup/Restore USR Files | Copy Master Event | Delete Master Events | Advanced Tagging - Y-DNA | Get IPTC Data | Global Text Search | Merge Basic to SourceWriter Sources | MRIN Filing Assistant | Repair Multimedia Paths | RegEx GEDCOM | Run Raw SQL | Set IPTC Data | Set Picture Captions | Set Special User IDs | Sort All Children | Sort Children of Tagged Individuals | Sort Events | Sort Marriages by Date | View Legacy Tables | Rename Non-Unique Multimedia | Advanced Tagging | Advanced Tagging - Ancestors Plus | Advanced Tagging - Mito DNA | Create Unknown Spouses | Remove Dead Multimedia Links | Data Bridge | Save/Restore Tags | Link Unattached Multimedia | Standard Features | Set Private/Invisible | Change To-Do Priorities | Clear IPTC Data | DAR Lineage Worksheet | Delete To-Do's | Include Citations by Surety Level | Include Citations by Verified Flag | Remove Medical Notes for Living Individuals | Search Citations | Search File IDs | Set Individual User IDs | Set Marriage User IDs | Set Birthday/Anniversary/Death Reminders | Set Source Surety Levels | Set Source Verified Flags | System Requirements | Contact Info | Miscellaneous Help | Legacy Tables | Product Registration | Edit Preferences | Command Line | Legacy Tables - tblSX.Type | pedigree.css | Source Template | Event Template | About Wiki Web Help | Miscellaneous Tools | Convert Long to Short U.S.A. Location Names