Sort Marriages by Date
...is a DELUXE LTOOL which sorts the marriages of all tagged individuals in your Legacy database.
To sort the marriages of all tagged individuals in your Legacy database:
- Open your database in Legacy.
- Decide which of the 9 individual tags you plan to use for this operation.
- Untag any individuals whose marriages you don't wish _LTools_ to sort.
- Now tag the individuals whose marriages you wish to sort. (HINT: If you wish to sort all the marriages in your Legacy database, use Legacy's Advanced Tagging feature to tag everyone in your Legacy database.)
- Back up your Legacy database.
- Open your Legacy database in _LTools_.
- Double-click Sort Marriages by Date in the Deluxe LTools tree to bring up the dialog for this LTool.
- Select the Individual Tag you used in Step 4.
- To preview the marriages which are missorted before proceeding (recommended), click the Untag Individuals with Sorted Marriages button and return to Legacy and use its _Search_ feature to review the individuals which remain tagged. Untag (in Legacy) any individuals whose marriages you don't wish _LTools_ to sort before proceeding.
- If there are still tagged individuals whose marriages you wish to sort, return to _LTools_ and click the Run button.
- _LTools_ will sort the marriages of all tagged individuals in your database. Blank dates will sort before non-blank dates.
uri/../images/bluepin.gif Individual Tag
Select the tag you used in Legacy to mark the individuals whose marriages you wish to sort.
uri/../images/bluepin.gif Untag Individuals with Sorted Marriages
Click this button to have LTools untag individuals whose marriages are already sorted properly. You can use this feature to preview the marriages which are missorted before proceeding.
uri/../images/bluepin.gif Rows affected
The number of marriages sorted.
Click to sort the marriages of tagged individuals.
Click to close this dialog.
You can use the ? (on the caption bar) or the \ key to display help for this dialog.
Introduction | Deluxe Features | Find Missing Information | Send Legacy Reminders | Tidy Legacy HTML | List Events | Find Unattached Multimedia | Add Events | Add To-Do's | Address Converter | Advanced Set Living++ | Advanced Tagging - Tag Living | Backup/Restore USR Files | Copy Master Event | Delete Master Events | Advanced Tagging - Y-DNA | Get IPTC Data | Global Text Search | Merge Basic to SourceWriter Sources | MRIN Filing Assistant | Repair Multimedia Paths | RegEx GEDCOM | Run Raw SQL | Set IPTC Data | Set Picture Captions | Set Special User IDs | Sort All Children | Sort Children of Tagged Individuals | Sort Events | Sort Marriages by Date | View Legacy Tables | Rename Non-Unique Multimedia | Advanced Tagging | Advanced Tagging - Ancestors Plus | Advanced Tagging - Mito DNA | Create Unknown Spouses | Remove Dead Multimedia Links | Data Bridge | Save/Restore Tags | Link Unattached Multimedia | Standard Features | Set Private/Invisible | Change To-Do Priorities | Clear IPTC Data | DAR Lineage Worksheet | Delete To-Do's | Include Citations by Surety Level | Include Citations by Verified Flag | Remove Medical Notes for Living Individuals | Search Citations | Search File IDs | Set Individual User IDs | Set Marriage User IDs | Set Birthday/Anniversary/Death Reminders | Set Source Surety Levels | Set Source Verified Flags | System Requirements | Contact Info | Miscellaneous Help | Legacy Tables | Product Registration | Edit Preferences | Command Line | Legacy Tables - tblSX.Type | pedigree.css | Source Template | Event Template | About Wiki Web Help | Miscellaneous Tools | Convert Long to Short U.S.A. Location Names