Set Picture Captions
...is a DELUXE LTOOL which fills individual and marriage picture _Captions_ with names (and optionally fill blank picture _Descriptions_ with dates) in your Legacy database.
To fill individual and marriage picture _Captions_ with names (and optionally fill blank picture _Descriptions_ with dates) in your Legacy database:
- Open your database in Legacy.
- Decide which of the 9 individual tags you plan to use for this operation.
- Untag any individuals that you don't wish _LTools_ to update.
- Now tag the individuals whose picture _Captions_/_Descriptions_ you wish to populate.
- Back up your Legacy database.
- Open your Legacy database in _LTools_.
- Double-click Set Picture Captions in the Deluxe LTools tree to bring up the dialog for this LTool.
- Select the Individual Tag you used in Step 4.
- Select the Individual or Marriage tab to set individual or marriage picture _Captions_/_Descriptions_.
- Check the Include DOB and DOD (or DOM) in Description if available checkbox if desired.
- Select the Action that you wish applied to the picture _Captions_.
- Select the one of the Given Names options to instruct _LTools_ how to handle given names.
- Click the Run button.
- _LTools_ will update the picture _Captions_/_Descriptions_ for all tagged individuals as specified by the selected Action.
uri/../images/bluepin.gif Individual Tag
The tag you used in Legacy to mark the individuals whose picture _Captions_/_Descriptions_ you wish to update.
uri/../images/bluepin.gif Include DOB and DOD (or DOM) in Description if available
If checked, _LTools_ will fill any empty picture _Description_ fields with the individual's birth/death date (or married couple's marriage date).
Choose whether you wish to Set all Individual (or Marriage) Picture captions to name, or Only set blank Individual (or Marriage) Picture captions to name.
uri/../images/bluepin.gif Given Names
Choose whether you wish to Use full Given Name(s), Use "quoted" Given Name(s), or Remove "quoted" Given Name(s).
uri/../images/bluepin.gif Rows affected
The number of picture records that were updated.
Click to perform the selected Action on the individual or marriage Picture _Captions_/_Descriptions_. _LTools_ will update the picture _Caption_ with the name of the individual (or names of the married couple) of ALL pictures that are attached to individual (or marriage). In addition, if so directed, _LTools_ will update empty picture _Description_ fields with the birth/death (or marriage) date.
Click to close this dialog.
You can use the ? (on the caption bar) or the \ key to display help for this dialog.
Introduction | Deluxe Features | Find Missing Information | Send Legacy Reminders | Tidy Legacy HTML | List Events | Find Unattached Multimedia | Add Events | Add To-Do's | Address Converter | Advanced Set Living++ | Advanced Tagging - Tag Living | Backup/Restore USR Files | Copy Master Event | Delete Master Events | Advanced Tagging - Y-DNA | Get IPTC Data | Global Text Search | Merge Basic to SourceWriter Sources | MRIN Filing Assistant | Repair Multimedia Paths | RegEx GEDCOM | Run Raw SQL | Set IPTC Data | Set Picture Captions | Set Special User IDs | Sort All Children | Sort Children of Tagged Individuals | Sort Events | Sort Marriages by Date | View Legacy Tables | Rename Non-Unique Multimedia | Advanced Tagging | Advanced Tagging - Ancestors Plus | Advanced Tagging - Mito DNA | Create Unknown Spouses | Remove Dead Multimedia Links | Data Bridge | Save/Restore Tags | Link Unattached Multimedia | Standard Features | Set Private/Invisible | Change To-Do Priorities | Clear IPTC Data | DAR Lineage Worksheet | Delete To-Do's | Include Citations by Surety Level | Include Citations by Verified Flag | Remove Medical Notes for Living Individuals | Search Citations | Search File IDs | Set Individual User IDs | Set Marriage User IDs | Set Birthday/Anniversary/Death Reminders | Set Source Surety Levels | Set Source Verified Flags | System Requirements | Contact Info | Miscellaneous Help | Legacy Tables | Product Registration | Edit Preferences | Command Line | Legacy Tables - tblSX.Type | pedigree.css | Source Template | Event Template | About Wiki Web Help | Miscellaneous Tools | Convert Long to Short U.S.A. Location Names