Get IPTC Data
...is a DELUXE LTOOL which copies _IPTC Captions_ from JPGs to your Legacy database.
To copy _IPTC Captions_ from JPGs to your Legacy database:
- Back up your Legacy database before proceeding.
- Open your Legacy database in _LTools_.
- Double-click Get IPTC Data in the Deluxe LTools tree to bring up the dialog for this LTool.
- Select the Root Multimedia Folder to work with.
- Select the Action you wish this LTool to perform.
- Check/uncheck Log All Updates if you wish to create a log file of the changes this LTool makes.
- Click the Run button.
- This LTool will retrieve the _IPTC Caption_ (sometimes referred to as 'Description') from all JPGs attached to your Legacy database. It will then write that _IPTC Caption_ to the associated field in your Legacy database (tblBR.PicCaption). If you select Copy populated IPTC Captions to blank Legacy Captions, this LTool will leave _Legacy Captions_ that are already populated intact. If you select Copy populated IPTC Captions to all Legacy Captions, this LTool will overlay the _Legacy Caption_ with the _IPTC Caption_. If a JPG is linked to multiple individuals/events in your Legacy database, the _Legacy Caption_ will be updated everywhere..
uri/../images/bluepin.gif Root Multimedia Folder
Select the root folder where your multimedia files are stored. Typically this would be C:\Legacy\Pictures\ , C:\Legacy6\Pictures\ , or C:\Legacy7\Pictures\ . _LTools_ will make an effort to determine this location.
Select Copy populated _IPTC Captions_ to blank Legacy Captions if you only wish _LTools_ to update the _Legacy Caption_ if it is not already populated. Select Copy populated IPTC Captions to all Legacy Captions if you want _LTools_ to update all _Legacy Captions_ regardless of whether or not the field is already populated.
The default is Copy populated IPTC Captions to all Legacy Captions.
uri/../images/bluepin.gif Log All Updates
Check/uncheck this box if you wish to create a log file of any changes this LTool makes.
The default is "unchecked".
Click to copy the _IPTC Captions_ from JPGs to your Legacy database.
uri/../images/bluepin.gif Rows affected
The number of _Legacy Captions_ that were copied.
Click to close this dialog.
You can use the ? (on the caption bar) or the \ key to display help for this dialog.
Introduction | Deluxe Features | Find Missing Information | Send Legacy Reminders | Tidy Legacy HTML | List Events | Find Unattached Multimedia | Add Events | Add To-Do's | Address Converter | Advanced Set Living++ | Advanced Tagging - Tag Living | Backup/Restore USR Files | Copy Master Event | Delete Master Events | Advanced Tagging - Y-DNA | Get IPTC Data | Global Text Search | Merge Basic to SourceWriter Sources | MRIN Filing Assistant | Repair Multimedia Paths | RegEx GEDCOM | Run Raw SQL | Set IPTC Data | Set Picture Captions | Set Special User IDs | Sort All Children | Sort Children of Tagged Individuals | Sort Events | Sort Marriages by Date | View Legacy Tables | Rename Non-Unique Multimedia | Advanced Tagging | Advanced Tagging - Ancestors Plus | Advanced Tagging - Mito DNA | Create Unknown Spouses | Remove Dead Multimedia Links | Data Bridge | Save/Restore Tags | Link Unattached Multimedia | Standard Features | Set Private/Invisible | Change To-Do Priorities | Clear IPTC Data | DAR Lineage Worksheet | Delete To-Do's | Include Citations by Surety Level | Include Citations by Verified Flag | Remove Medical Notes for Living Individuals | Search Citations | Search File IDs | Set Individual User IDs | Set Marriage User IDs | Set Birthday/Anniversary/Death Reminders | Set Source Surety Levels | Set Source Verified Flags | System Requirements | Contact Info | Miscellaneous Help | Legacy Tables | Product Registration | Edit Preferences | Command Line | Legacy Tables - tblSX.Type | pedigree.css | Source Template | Event Template | About Wiki Web Help | Miscellaneous Tools | Convert Long to Short U.S.A. Location Names