Find Unattached Multimedia
...is a DELUXE LTOOL which locates files in your multimedia folders that are not associated with any records in your Legacy database.
NOTE: You can use the [#73-en,Link Unattached Multimedia] LTool to link unattached images to various Legacy entities.
To locate files in your multimedia folders that are not associated with any records in your Legacy database (i.e. orphaned multimedia files):
- Open your Legacy database in _LTools_.
- Double-click Find Unattached Multimedia in the Deluxe LTools tree to bring up the dialog for this LTool.
- Select the Root Multimedia Folder to work with.
- Uncheck Only display multimedia files that are unattached if you wish to see the status of all multimedia files, in addition to just the unattached files.
- Click the Run button.
- _LTools_ will iterate through all multimedia files in the Root Multimedia Folder and any sub-folders, checking each file for an associated record in your Legacy database. It will create a text file in CSV (comma separated value) format, including a header record, from the result set. You can save this file with a .csv extension and open it in any spreadsheet program to see and manipulate the results.
- Found - filename was correctly linked to something in the selected Legacy database
- Not Found - filename was not linked to anything in the selected Legacy database
- Wrong Folder - filename was linked to something in the selected Legacy database, but Legacy says the file is in a different folder (which it is not)
- Possible Duplicate - filename was linked to something in the selected Legacy database, but Legacy says the file is in a different folder (which it is)
uri/../images/bluepin.gif Root Multimedia Folder
Select the root folder where your multimedia files are stored. Typically this would be C:\Legacy\Pictures\ , C:\Legacy6\Pictures\ , or C:\Legacy7\Pictures\ . _LTools_ will make an effort to determine this location.
uri/../images/bluepin.gif Only display multimedia files that are unattached
Uncheck this box if you wish to see the status of attached multimedia files as well as unattached multimedia files.
Click to perform the search.
uri/../images/bluepin.gif Files found
The number of records in the resulting text file.
Click to close this dialog.
You can use the ? (on the caption bar) or the \ key to display help for this dialog.
Introduction | Deluxe Features | Find Missing Information | Send Legacy Reminders | Tidy Legacy HTML | List Events | Find Unattached Multimedia | Add Events | Add To-Do's | Address Converter | Advanced Set Living++ | Advanced Tagging - Tag Living | Backup/Restore USR Files | Copy Master Event | Delete Master Events | Advanced Tagging - Y-DNA | Get IPTC Data | Global Text Search | Merge Basic to SourceWriter Sources | MRIN Filing Assistant | Repair Multimedia Paths | RegEx GEDCOM | Run Raw SQL | Set IPTC Data | Set Picture Captions | Set Special User IDs | Sort All Children | Sort Children of Tagged Individuals | Sort Events | Sort Marriages by Date | View Legacy Tables | Rename Non-Unique Multimedia | Advanced Tagging | Advanced Tagging - Ancestors Plus | Advanced Tagging - Mito DNA | Create Unknown Spouses | Remove Dead Multimedia Links | Data Bridge | Save/Restore Tags | Link Unattached Multimedia | Standard Features | Set Private/Invisible | Change To-Do Priorities | Clear IPTC Data | DAR Lineage Worksheet | Delete To-Do's | Include Citations by Surety Level | Include Citations by Verified Flag | Remove Medical Notes for Living Individuals | Search Citations | Search File IDs | Set Individual User IDs | Set Marriage User IDs | Set Birthday/Anniversary/Death Reminders | Set Source Surety Levels | Set Source Verified Flags | System Requirements | Contact Info | Miscellaneous Help | Legacy Tables | Product Registration | Edit Preferences | Command Line | Legacy Tables - tblSX.Type | pedigree.css | Source Template | Event Template | About Wiki Web Help | Miscellaneous Tools | Convert Long to Short U.S.A. Location Names