Send Legacy Reminders
Usage:To send out a daily reminder email listing individuals and marriages whose birth, death (V7 only), and marriage month/day match the current date:
- Open your database in Legacy.
- Check the birth, death (V7 only) and marriage reminder flags of the individuals/marriages that you wish to include in the email messages.
- Open your Legacy database in _LTools_.
- Click on Options, then Preferences in _LTools_.
- In the User category...
- Set UserEmailAddress to the email address you use to login to your SMTP server (ex. "email@example.com" ).
- Set UserEmailPassword to the password you use to login to your SMTP server (ex. "wookiee" ).
- Set UserSmtpServer to your SMTP server's host name (ex. "smtp.aol.com" ).
- Set UserSmtpPort to the port you use to communicate with your SMTP server ... leave as -1 if you want to use the default port (ex. 587).
- In the Reminders category...
- Set ReminderBcc to a comma separated list of email id's you wish to Bcc the email to. By default, this LTool will address the email to the UserEmailAddress you entered, and Bcc it to any additional addresses (ex. "firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org"").
- Change any other properties in the Reminders category as desired.
- Close _LTools_.
Now you must set up a scheduled task to run _LTools_ in "reminder" mode. To do this in Win XP, go to Start \| Settings \| Control Panel \| Scheduled Tasks and add a new scheduled task to run daily at a time of your choosing. Set up the task to run:
"C:\Program Files\Zipper Software\LTools\LTools.exe" LTools.xml -r
The "-r" argument tells _LTools_ to run silently in "reminder" mode.
Set up the task to start in:
"C:\Program Files\Zipper Software\LTools\"
Now, at the specified time, _LTools_ will automatically start up, check your Legacy database to see if there are any reminders for that day, and email them to the specified addresses.
Introduction | Deluxe Features | Find Missing Information | Send Legacy Reminders | Tidy Legacy HTML | List Events | Find Unattached Multimedia | Add Events | Add To-Do's | Address Converter | Advanced Set Living++ | Advanced Tagging - Tag Living | Backup/Restore USR Files | Copy Master Event | Delete Master Events | Advanced Tagging - Y-DNA | Get IPTC Data | Global Text Search | Merge Basic to SourceWriter Sources | MRIN Filing Assistant | Repair Multimedia Paths | RegEx GEDCOM | Run Raw SQL | Set IPTC Data | Set Picture Captions | Set Special User IDs | Sort All Children | Sort Children of Tagged Individuals | Sort Events | Sort Marriages by Date | View Legacy Tables | Rename Non-Unique Multimedia | Advanced Tagging | Advanced Tagging - Ancestors Plus | Advanced Tagging - Mito DNA | Create Unknown Spouses | Remove Dead Multimedia Links | Data Bridge | Save/Restore Tags | Link Unattached Multimedia | Standard Features | Set Private/Invisible | Change To-Do Priorities | Clear IPTC Data | DAR Lineage Worksheet | Delete To-Do's | Include Citations by Surety Level | Include Citations by Verified Flag | Remove Medical Notes for Living Individuals | Search Citations | Search File IDs | Set Individual User IDs | Set Marriage User IDs | Set Birthday/Anniversary/Death Reminders | Set Source Surety Levels | Set Source Verified Flags | System Requirements | Contact Info | Miscellaneous Help | Legacy Tables | Product Registration | Edit Preferences | Command Line | Legacy Tables - tblSX.Type | pedigree.css | Source Template | Event Template | About Wiki Web Help | Miscellaneous Tools | Convert Long to Short U.S.A. Location Names